(Taking a brief break from the norm….)
Wow – totally surprised this morning to have found that
I have (a)Musing Foodie has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! What a treat, and a big thanks to Pat & Heather @ (cool) Progeny! Speaking of (cool) Progeny, what a wealth of information – ESPECIALLY since they’re right in my backyard, Baltimore, MD. Looking forward to continued reading about local finds and ways to keep my kids cool. 🙂
Next, to accept the award I need to thank my nominators (again, THANKS to Pat & Heather!), share seven things about myself, and lastly nominate 15 other newly discovered blogs. Fun!
- Between working full-time and having two small kids (ages five & one), I’m one busy momma! Still find the time to cook and blog though!
- I love going to the movies, but rarely have the time to do it!
- I used have a love for red wine, but after my son was born in 2008 I lost that love. Now I’m an avid white wine drinker – favorite being Monkey Bay’s Sauvignon Blanc. (FYI – they’ve gone back to a cork from a brief change to a screw cap – this is a good thing.) Mmmmm….
- While not perfect, we do our best to eat locally grown, organic produce – big thanks to my family for that!
- I’m excited for my daughter to start kindergarten in the fall – and I
definitelydon’t think I’ll shed a tear.
- We’re doing the Dave Ramsey “debt free” thing & will one day look forward to calling in to shout, “We’re debt FREEEEEE!” (It’s really difficult to stay focused…in case you’re wondering.)
- My husband loves working with kids – Special Ed teacher by day, Varsity Lacrosse Coach by night. He definitely has a special talent & patience that sometimes I wish I could harness for myself!
- Mommy’s Still Fabulous: Erica started blogging about her journey into motherhood in an Oh-So-Fabulous way. I love her slant on things, and her writing is very conversational – easy to read. And, she’s just as fabulous in person!
- Jessica Now: An old high school friend, Jessica & I reconnected through social networking & she is nothing short of a social media guru. GREAT blog to follow, both professionally as well as personally. Amazing how she manages to fit in work & family – it’s a tough juggle; I know!
- What’s New at Truffula Seed Produce: I might be a little partial, but my sister and her boyfriend’s blog about their journey into the small farm world is really fun to read. Filled with great tips and beautiful photography, the blog & their website are instantly catching.
- Grit & Glory: Found Alece on Twitter and have really enjoyed reading her blog posts, which range from very serious & meaty to “light & fluffy.”
- WritRams: Writer Ramblings – love it! Good mix of mommy stories & non-mommy stories. I particularly like the post about her 2 year old being sent to the principal’s office….
- Who Cares What I Think?: Mindie has gone from writer to speaker to social networking maven, yet she still has the ability to talk candidly about what’s on her mind. Love it!
- Cooked That: (in Eddicaa’s Kitchen) Just found this blogger through another bloggy friend – quotes from Julia Child, recipe tests, food-food-food…what’s not to love?
- Mila’s Daydreams: I think just about everyone has viewed this blog over the past couple weeks – Adele has an amazing eye for design, which showcases her baby Mila’s dreams. Super adorable.
- Dooce.com: A twitter find, Heather has wit & humor that streams through her blog posts. In particular, Ye Olde Skool had me rolling…very, very funny. 🙂
- This Wife Don’t Cook: Ever meet someone that you connect with because they just seem “normal?” I’ve never actually met Jennifer – we may have tweeted once or twice – but our lives seem similar, and her blog is an easy & enjoyable read for me.
- Evolving Mommy: Catherine is on a quest to find balance in her life with a young family. I get that. I live that. I understand her blog. 🙂
- The Waiting Womb: I grew to know Larisa online in 2004 when we met in a “mom” group. She struggled with infertility and blogged with finesse about those tormenting years. Sadly her blog had to go private in 2009, but for anyone struggling, her chronicled journey up to that point is worth the read.
- La Mia Vita Dolce: Do you like sweets? If not, you will after reading Grace’s blog. Her pictures are amazing…I want to make everything she showcases.
- Slice of Chic: What got me about this blog is the whole section about food. I don’t really consider myself “Jimmy Choos Chic,” as she’d say, but I do consider myself “Beer in the Rear Chicken Chic,” as she will also say. 🙂 Very interesting mix of blog topics!
- Amber Page Writes: Down to earth, Amber is a mom that writes relate-able posts that aren’t JUST about being a mom. I appreciate that.
Subscribe to my eNewsletter for simple kitchen tips, fun foodie news AND, exclusive only to subscribers, a first look at new recipes before they go live on the blog!
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same; however, I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!